lunedì 27 marzo 2017

Mutant Monkeys

In the last couple of days, thanks to a very mild and springish weather with my two youngest we have spent a lot of time in the nearby forest. Along with so many amazing and beautiful gifts from mother nature, we have also found the not-so-amazing and rather-ugly human leftovers. The sight of such a ruin made me think of a brilliant OMNIA song, 'I don't speak human', in which a wolf is talking to human beings; a line of it is especially fitting the situation we have witnessed ...

...Upon a wing, a flying thing, to you I seem so small
But I look down on what you've done, my raven's eye sees all
You people lika a cancer grow, destroying all you see
And 7 billions mutant monkeys won't listen to me

Because I don't speak human, you can't understand a word I'm saying
I don't speak human, you can't undersrand a word I'm saying

I won't run this human race, your war is not for me
I hear the voices from the wild, they thought me how to see
It's us who are the strangers here and we don't own the land
My words they fall upon deaf ears, cause no-one understands

Because I dno't spaek human, you can't understand a word I'm saying
I don't speak human, you can't understand a word I'm saying...





Wreckage and despair,
 and no, they're not going to clean it as it is clearly very old things that already spent a lot of time there.

Should we maybe stop being mutant monkeys and start being considerate humans again ?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento