sabato 1 aprile 2017

The Raven



   .... Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
    Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
    But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door
            Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
            Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”....
 
                                                               ( E.A.Poe )
 
 The Raven is one of my favourite poems ever, and ravens are among my favourite animals ever. There are a few of them dwelling in my yard and I spend a lot of time looking them as their majestic life goes by in front of my amazed eyes. Ravens also fills Norse mythology and we can find Ravens also in Tolkien, the Erebor's ravens. The drawing is the beginning of a study I'm leading, not sure where it will bring me to, if a novel, if a painting or any other kind of visual art or craft.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento