martedì 14 febbraio 2017

Woodshed

My dwelling is a 115 years old traditional northern house. There's no 'modern' heating, only four woodstoves (three of them still in use )and they serve me and my family in an excellent way. Of course one daily chore in colder months is gathering the wood. For the rest of my family this is the least favorite task. Instead I love it. The short walk across the yard to the big brick building, pushing the heavy door and entering the dark and cold room still smelling of animals and life from the farming past of this house. Climbing the pile of chopped wood, looking for the right sized pieces according to the use I have to do of them ( only warming up, or cooking ), listening the silence and dreaming.Those are my ten minutes of daily mind vacation...




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento