martedì 1 dicembre 2020

Advent Calendar - Following the light

 Hello everybody out there !

Hopefully my post finds you all well. We had some snow during the night but already early this morning it has started raining and everything melted, so once again everything is muddy, wet and dark. But I am still hoping for a white Christmas...

But here we go following the light today ...

 Sunrise - 8:54 am

 Sunset - 15:13 pm

Even if the Advent started already on Sunday, traditionally we put up our Advent Calendar always the first day of December. So this morning in the very wee hours of the day I got the calendar out of the Christmas box and started filling it with all kind of junk (sic) sweets my kids love. 

When my kids were younger I used to make a new calendar each year, then around 8 years ago I made the one we're still using and everybody loved it so much that it stuck. It's 24 tiny knitted woolen socks (newborn size) of different colours and in my opinion it looks so lovely !!



Needless to say I am so in love with our Advent tradition <3

And you dear ones ? Do you have any tradition in your family that you especially love ?


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento