lunedì 30 novembre 2020

Advent Calendar day 1 and 2 (following the light)

 Hello everybody out there !

The Advent has started and the Solstice/Christmas/Yule countdown is officially on !

I will try to post everyday a sort of Advent Calendar with activities/images from life here in the north and I will point out sunrise and sunset time to arrive past the solstice and welcome the light back after the darkest days of the year. I hope you will enjoy these days with me <3

Following the light :

Sunrise - 8:52 am

Sunset - 15:15 pm

Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent, we started decoranting the house, we put the traditional lights on the windowsills and the candle holder with the four candles in the centre of the table. I baked some almond star shaped cookies. Today I went on with my woolworking, I greatly enjoyed some needle felting which is, in my opinion, one of the most relaxing and soothing activity with its rythmic pace. 


 




 


Is there anything traditional that you do in this period of the year ? Are you already decorating the house or cooking anything special ?

Have a lovely day people out there ! <3

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento